Thursday, February 2, 2012

Campaign Kick-off


Last May I attended various Congress events, one of which was a public lecture given by former Governor General, the Right Honorable Michaelle Jean, and her husband Jean-Daniel Lafond. At the end of the event, I asked if more artists should get involved in politics. As a writer who constantly thinks about my relation to the world and my community, and as someone keenly interested in politics, the question had been on my mind for some time. Lafond answered simply: “Yes. Yes, for sure.” He believes, as I do, that art – and by extension artists – can make valuable contributions to public life.

So it is with great pleasure that I am announcing today my candidacy for city councillor in Ward 6 – Barker’s Point Area. My goal, should I be successful, is to make Fredericton a better place and to stand up for the residents of Ward 6. Over the weeks and months to come I will be releasing details of my platform - see the tab "Election Platform" above. Please contact me with any questions and comments, or if you'd like to help with my campaign. 

On May 14, 2012, please vote Ian LeTourneau as city councillor - Ward 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment