Monday, March 26, 2012

Transparency


If elected as Ward 6 City Councillor, I will:
  • be the most accessible city councilor of Fredericton ever
  • make sure operation of city business is open and transparent and that meetings and information are as accessible as possible by posting notices for meetings and relevant minutes on web,
  • listen and represent the residents of Ward 6 to the fullest of my capabilities, 
  • make my website a virtual gathering spot for residents for Ward 6 by posting regular video updates to inform constituents directly about goings-on at council and committee meetings, 
  • hold regular forums for residents of ward, 
  • respond to calls, emails, tweets in a professional and positive manner
  • investigate whether webcasts of council meetings are viable. 
I will also work together with others who are elected to council, constructively, but be sure that the voices of Ward 6 are respected.

And I will work together with other levels of government to make sure Fredericton’s voice is heard. 

Please check back over the next few days for my commitments under other themes of my campaign: sustainability, support for local business and arts, and my long-term vision for Fredericton.
- Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment